Home > English Horse Tack > Eventing Tack & Supplies > Studs & Plugs
We found 22 results matching your criteria.

 Studs & Plugs

Sort By:

Horseshoe Studs for English Horses Plugs

English Horseshoe Studs

Tack Warehouse Studs used in horse's horseshoes come in a wide selection of sizes and shapes. You see these used on event horses and jumpers and hunters showing on grass fields. The studs used are dependent on different footing conditions and to give the horse traction and keep them from slipping. Horseshoe studs are worn while the horse is being worked. When the rider is done and when not in use a plug or blank is put into the horseshoe thread of the stud hole to keep it clean. When studs are used while the horse is jumping then English riders use an English Girth that is wider called as a stud girth. This style of English girth is worn to prevent damage to the horse’s belly from the stud while jumping.